Put Me In (These Clothes), Coach!

September 6, 2014

Pastel 70s looks from Coach's Spring 2015 Presentation

And we're off (and I'm back to bloggin')! Fashion week is off to a riotous start and I cannot wait to cover all the best shows and coolest trends. First off: Coach.

Coach has always had a special place in my heart. My first designer bag was a Coach monogram baguette that I received in the sixth grade and I thought I was the coolest girl in middle school thanks to that perfectly mid-2000s bag. But more recently Coach has gone through some tough times, and even though I no longer purchase accessories from the designer I do wish all the best for Coach and don't want to see it struggling. The recent decision to rebrand and add ready-to-wear to the Coach brand was a much-needed one, and so far I have been thoroughly impressed with the collections. 

I'll tell you what I told my mom this morning: Coach is about to make a serious comeback. 

Head designer Stuart Vevers picked up where the fall 2014 collection left off: the seventies. Clogs, bell-bottom pants, and shearling coats were major fashion motifs for spring, all done up in sweet pastels to bring a modern twist to the clothes. Cartoon characters were also screened on everything to shirts and dresses to bags, and make note–the clog is making as big a comeback next spring as the Coach line itself! 

There's just enough retro sass to make this collection playful, but the models and styling scream 21st-century cool girl. Style.com declared that the collection was "made for Instagram", but #nofilter needed for these stunning clothes! 

So what do you say, Coach? Will you please put me in (these awesome clothes) already!?

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts! Thanks for reading! ♥︎Lindsey