Kind of like the feeling I got after viewing the Chanel Resort 2011 collection (online, anyways. Unfortunately, I'm not on the Chanel guest list- yet). I must say that resort is by far my favorite season, just because it is so carefree and obviously a little more warm-weather oriented (I mean, I loved Chanel's fall collection too, but giant fur boots just won't work down in SoCal, even during the winter). My favorite looks and why I love them:
- The colors of this dress are so neat. I mean, it's rainbow, but not like, ugly flashy rainbow. It's not as in your face, you know? And I love the image that this look conjures, of a beautiful woman on the beach that has to turn away from her beau proposing to her on the beach at sundown because she's having an affair...or something like that. I have a big imagination.
- I'm not sure quite why I like this so much, I just like the way it looks. Light wash jeans are definitely on my summer must-haves list.
- That. Hat. Is. Fabulous. I'm a big believer in ginormous floppy hats that are so big they cover your eyes. Plus, the dress is cute too. The texture of the sleeves is quite interesting.
- I just think the bathing suit is ultra cute and fun, especially with the necklace and the foot...I don't even know what to call them. But they are cool.
- I would totally wear this. It would be cute as a party dress or to a business event (perhaps with tights or pants underneath, though) or even through a jean jacket over it and just chill. And it's pink. Always a plus.
- This is like, the cooler, edgier (but still cute and sleek) version of the previous swimsuit. And that shirt. May not "cover up" much, but I want it anyways.
- The silhouette of this dress is so unique. That skirt especially is tres chic. And I like the whole "beach safari" feel to it.
- Another cool silhouette, another fabulous dress.
- Classic Chanel, but with a twist. The eyelet trimming is gorgeous, and I love the color. So sleek and just totally summer
- This could be an evening gown, or it could just be the coolest cover up ever. That's what I love about this collection. Everything is so versatile and so laid-back.
- Another evening/cover up. And I like how this look goes back to previous collections, kind of pulls it all together. Plus, the patterns on this dress are very neat.
- Once again, it seems like something you could wear to the office or whatever, but then that lace overlay in the middle is the total opposite.
So I hope it's safe to say that I LOVED this collection. What a great way to kick off resort season!